Mishima lives in the shadows surrounded by worms in his underground lair.
Early one morning, he discovers a rose in the sun, in which the beautiful Saiko awakens.
Saiko is thirsty. Saiko is hungry. Saiko is cold.
Mishima will do everything he can to satisfy her needs.
But worms are not supposed to live in the sun...
Mishimasaiko was born through French independant director Aude and Japanese painter Minchi’s collaboration. The film is filled with both our cultures and our common sensibilities: nature, romance, fate, ...
Production : Lardux Films
Release : 2016
Fondation Beaumarchais grant for script-writing,
CNC Aide au programme fund,
CNC Aide aux nouvelles technologies fund,
with the support of FRANCE 3 channel,
in co-production with Pictanovo and with the support of Région Nord-Pas de Calais
in co-production with Tu Nous Za Pas Vus and with the support of Région PACA
and the support of Buffet-Crampon for music composition.
• France 3
• Canal + Spain
• ANIMFEST Animation Film Festival - Athens :
Jury's special mention for the original score
• Festival du Film Merveilleux et Imaginaire - Paris :
Best Animation Film
• RICA Wissembourg Festival - Wissembourg :
Classe L Cinéma et Audiovisuel of Lycée Stanislas Wissembourg Award
• Sunsète Film Festival - Sète :
• Multivision Film Festival - Saint-Petersburg
Best Visual Imagery
Festivals 2016 / 2017
• International Animation Film Festival (French animation program) - Annecy
• Festival du Film Merveilleux et Imaginaire - Paris
• European Short Film Festival - Bordeaux
• ACCILR Young Audience Animation Film Festival - Agde/Monpellier
• Sunsète Film Festival - Sète
• Faites des courts Short Film Festival - Brie-Comte-Robert
• Mon Cinoch* Sous Les Etoiles Festival - Gruissan
• International Short Film Festival Courts Devant - Paris
• RICA International Animation Film Festival - Wissembourg
• Écran Libre Festival - Aigues-Morte
• International Animated Film Festival of Paris - Paris
• Rencontres du Court Festival - Montpellier
• FIFNL International Film Festival of Nancy-Lorraine - Nancy
• Zabut Animated Film Festival - Savoca
• Cartoon Club Festival - Rimini
• Alto Vicentino Festival - Santorso
• Espinho International Animated Film Festival - Espinho
• Soundtrack Cologne Festival - Cologne
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
• NAFF Neum Animated Film Festival - Neum
• Forum for Animation Films - Cairo
• Gdansk International Animation Film Festival - Gdansk
• Animanima International Animation Festival - Cacak
• Multivision International Festival of Animation Arts - Saint-Petersburg
• Odense International Film Festival OFF - Odense
• Forest Movie Festival – Yamanashi
• Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival (YIFFF) - Yubari
• Seoul International Youth Film Festival SIYFF - Seoul
• Kuandu International Animation Festival (KDIAF) - Taipei
• FestiFrance Film Festival - Belo Horizonte
• CutOutFest International Animation and Digital Art Festival - Queretaro
• SPARK - Vancouver
• Chicago International Children's Film Festival - Chicago
• American Documentary Film Festival - Palm Springs
Aude - Direction
Aude studied Direction at Supinfocom in Valenciennes, France. After several professional experiences working on music videos, advertising and architecture, she decides to concentrate on directing independant short films.
She then co-founds Je Regarde collective and focuses on its development, management, communication and administration. This leads her to initiate, produce and co-direct Timber Timbre's music video «Do I Have Power» and «Autumn Leaves», an award-winning short film screened worldwide.
At the same time, she starts working on «Mishimasaiko» with Minchi who agreed to follow her in this beautiful adventure...
Aude on Vimeo
Minchi - Art Direction
Minchi is a Japanese painter who lives and works in Hyogo Prefecture. The roots of her work plunge deep into Japanese contemporary manga culture for its imagery as well as for its story-line. Minchi's work is exhibited in Japan, Canada, Europe, ... (solo and group exhibitions).
She joins Je Regarde collective in 2012 and develops Mishimasaiko together with Aude.
She is represented by Franco-Japanese Gallery Maison d'Art.